Monday, October 6, 2008

sometimes strangers are nicer than the people you know, but not always

I like to make comments to people in line at the store.
We have a little something in common. We're both shopping.
These little interactions are very enjoyable for me.
It reinforces for me that we are all more alike than different.
People are interested in being around other people that are happy, nice and friendly.
I know how much I like it. I have superficial relationships with
many people at cash registers around town. Sometimes those people
become someone that I know in some other capacity. Those people know me
as someone with a sense of humor that is encouraging and positive.
That is a way in which I would be happy to be characterized.
Those are the people I seek out in life.
I will miss Mark Grall.
He is that sort of person.
I look forward to finding out how he flourishes in his new place
on the east coast.
My best wishes and friendship go with you Mark!!
Greenmoss
(The activity in the photo above was performed by a trained professional.
It should not be tried at home.)

8 comments:

LORIE said...

My dear sweet friend, I love that you seek these kind of human interactions. We have many things in common, but we also have in common that I will miss Mark Grall as well.

Mike said...

the photo scares me. I'm telling the teacher

Mark G. said...

Dearest Greenmoss,

Thank you so much for your kind words, you overwhelm me. I will miss all of you and our delightful mornings in the coffee shop, even when Scotty is there:-)

One of the saddest things, but also one of the happiest things in my life is that I move around quite a bit. It is sad in that I don't get to have the kind of experiences one gets when living near and long with many friends and significant others, and children. I love kids, probably 'cause I am just a big one.

Yet, on the other hand, one of the happiest things is that I have this really persistent(ant?) memory when it comes to faces and smiles from good times shared. So like the glutton George Malley, I get to take a bite from every where I go and everyone I meet, and make it part of me, and take it with me, forever.

And I am the better for it.

Thank you for all your acts of kindness, and all your acts of frolic, and all your acts of sharing the wisdom of your experiences.

Forever yours,
Mark

colie.doll said...

as someone who works behind a cash register as a CVS... i appreciate people like you.

colie.doll said...

i even meant at not as

Mark G. said...

MR Greenmoss,

and that is heavy on the MR!!!

Hi ya Michael, how are you and Ginny and Alex? I miss seeing your happy face every day, and having Ginny come barreling in asking her multitudinous questions, as only Ginny can (sigh.)

Life hear is good. I am getting re-introduced to technology and business and busyness, as only an urban area can do.

The big surprise is that the countryside and the foilage here is even more spectacular than I remembered. I will have to sen dpictures and videos for all of you to see.

I am tired and have more to do, but I wanted to send you a note and wishyou well.

Love ya,
M

Mike said...

testing testing testing. why aren't you blogging my lil friend?

Mark G. said...

Ditto on the ipsnay, bloggersnay, friendsnay.

What's going on my furry, frolicking, normally festive friend?

And please don't respond with a word that begins with "f."

"L" would work nicely.

"We got the rebop, the freebop the frat-a ma-hand, we got the rebop for h'abraham. Can you dig that jive. We got the freight-track, gat-crack, flat-track, jack-black jangle rangle babble, zzzzombi, mota zappa, reba zappa, mugga woman on a motocycle!"

M;-)