Monday, May 26, 2008

filled with emotion

I am filled with emotion. At times I am happy and all my cares fade away. All my thoughts about the woes of the world are lost in those moments of joy. Other times I am shaken with the images and reports of sad eyed children, angry men, crying people in disasters and looks of desperation that are part of the everyday life of some. I try to remember my fortune and keep that perspective when I am feeling overwhelmed about my job or my home life. "Try" being the operative word. I am not always successful.
I have struggled with depression since childhood. I didn't know what it was back then. I just thought I was not good enough. It wasn't until about 10 years ago that I realized that what I experienced is depression. I got counseling then and now I take medication. It is the right thing to do. It beats the alternative. Maybe I will be able to do some of the things I have wanted to do instead of sitting around feeling sorry for myself.
The end.
Greenmoss

2 comments:

LORIE said...

Greenmoss: Here are your coffee friends. . . the cute pretty ones. . . .can you guess who we are?

What we know for sure is that you are worthy. You are worthy of love, fulfilling your dreams, and most importantly self love. I believe self love is the best gift you can give yourself. You're on the right path. . . .you're aware of your feelings and honoring them. Good and bad. You also have taken necessary steps to make sure you have also surrendered to the uncontrollable and fixed it. Good for you. It requires removing your ego and not everyone can do that.

We love you. We think you kick major ass as a human, man, and coffee friend.

Love yourself. . . .we do.

(Katy and Lorie)

Green Moss & Sunny said...

WOWZER! You two are making my eyeballs hard with your sweet words. Thanks for the encouragement, the validation, the compliments and the LOVE. Coffee was never so good as it is with warm and accepting friends. I hope we can all grow old and wrinkled and remember the glory days of TnC.
Hey did you notice the new look of the Mossyforest? "S" and I are blogging together now. We'll see how that works. I think it will be fun.
Greenmoss