Saturday, December 6, 2008

Have Job...Will Not Travel





Yes...I was offered a job yesterday. I will be working at a local Nursing Home. There are many good aspects to that. I will be developing some of the "traditional" nursing skills that I never got to use in public health. I think the people I will be working with will be pretty nice. One of the things that the administrator said in my interview was, "We try to hire nice people." I will be serving a population of people that need TLC and someone to listen to them. I hope I can get up to speed quickly so I can get comfortable enough to "be there" for the people who are living there. One thing about this job, I will not have to travel.
So, to those of you out there that were very supportive to me (you know who you are) while I was looking for work and going through the upheaval of the transition out of the Health District...Thank you from my heart. "Thank you" doesn't seem like enough. I have deepened some relationships that I hope will last the rest of my life. I have learned to love some people that are remarkable and felt loved as well.
I have left behind some relationships that I thought would be lifetime. I was hurt but I am not bitter. As I have said previously, "My conscience is clear." I suspect that most of the people that hurt me think they were doing the right thing at the time. I hope they will begin to see things more clearly over time. I wish them luck and peace.
Change is good even if it is a bit frightening at first.
Someone once said, "Chance favors the prepared mind."
So...Be prepared.(the Boy Scout motto) You never know what's coming around the corner.
Love, peace and good fortune,
Greenmoss

1 comment:

Mark G said...

WOO HOO!!
Yeah Baby, Yeah.

Congratulations. Hope you enjoy the new gig as much as I know they will enjoy having you.

I'll drink to that!! Bartender!