Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Ladder and I Fell Together



Today, after finishing the snow shoveling on the roof, I stepped down onto the ladder and took one more step down before the ladder slipped away from it's footing. The ladder and I fell onto the front steps. The ladder then slid forward and hit my son in the leg and arm. I felt my foot twisting as it was caught in between two rungs. When I stood up I had to test my foot and leg to see if I could stand on it. The boy has bruises and scratches. I have a pretty good gash in my left shin plus some bruises and scratches of my own. Nothing was broken! Whew! I think I may have torn a ligament or tendon in my left ankle. It's not completely torn but it hurts when I step in certain directions or turn on that foot.
I anticipate some aches and pains over the next few days. I still have to work the next two days. I hope my aches and pains don't keep me from being able to learn, help and keep up.
Please send me your home remedy's for healing and I will consider them for my recovery process.
Thanks,
Greenmoss

2 comments:

LORIE said...

BIG HUGS to you my friend. Epsom salt baths. Rest. Arnica.

Mark G said...

Ouch!!

Hey Michael! I am answering your 12/17 post at my spot, here, at your spot, on 01/01:-)

No rhyme nor reason, just 'cause that is how it worked out.

I really do want to spend some time doing some blogging, however a week in Atlanta visiting museums, eating at restaurants and spending time with family, along with getting ahead on this one client I just signed for the year, applying to places to live, preparing to move, again, doing holiday things for friends, and then trying to find a little time to steal away for myself, read, and sometimes get a little exercise has made it a little difficult to do th eblogging thing.

BUT!

I will try! I have wonderful photos from the World of Coca-Cola Museum, and numerous family members. I wish I could share the experience I had visiting the Terracotta Army of the First Emperor of China at the HIgh Museum in ATL, however, being a natinal treasure, one is not able to take pics:-(

Happy New Year!! Be well!

M